Loud mufflers are a type of vehicle exhaust system that is designed to make a loud, booming noise. This is done by adding a perforated pipe to the exhaust system that amplifies the engine’s sound. Loud mufflers are popular among car and motorcycle enthusiasts who want to show off their powerful engines.
However, they can be extremely loud and annoying to others, which is why many cities have laws against them. If you’re considering installing a loud muffler on your vehicle, make sure you understand the local laws first.
While loud mufflers are not legal in most states, most people fancy them. In this guide, I will be looking at some of the loudest mufflers you can get on the market today.
What Is the Loudest Flowmaster Muffler?
Flowmaster mufflers are renowned as the benchmark for regulating your vehicle’s engine noise.
Flowmaster categorizes its mufflers into three distinct sound levels: Aggressive, Moderate, and Mild.
In the Aggressive category, these mufflers produce the most pronounced and attention-grabbing exterior exhaust sound, accompanied by a noticeable increase in interior sound and vibration. While some of these mufflers are street-legal, they often fall into the realm of racing-level exhaust systems.
Moving to the Moderate category, which is particularly popular among truck owners and those with V6 or V8 engines, you can expect a balanced mix of exterior sound that’s noticeable but not overwhelming, coupled with minimal interior noise and vibration.
Finally, in the Mild category, drivers can enjoy lower sound levels that closely resemble the stock or factory exhaust volumes while adding a touch of unique tonal character to their vehicle’s exhaust note.
Looking for an aggressive, deep sound for your muscle car or truck? Look no further than the Flowmaster Outlaw series.
This muffler is specifically designed to give your ride a mean, powerful rumble that will turn heads when you hit the gas.
Best of all, they’re available in a variety of sizes and configurations to fit just about any vehicle. So whether you’re looking for a single chamber or dual chamber muffler, the Outlaw series has you covered.
If you really want to make a statement, go with the Flowmaster Outlaw Extreme. This bad boy is designed for maximum sound and performance, and it definitely delivers.
If you’re looking for something a little more subdued, the Flowmaster Outlaw II is a great choice. It’s still got that deep, aggressive sound, but it’s not quite as loud as the Extreme.
No matter which Flowmaster Outlaw muffler you choose, you will surely be happy with the results. So if you’re looking for an easy way to give your car or truck a whole new sound, pick up a Flowmaster Outlaw muffler today. Your ride will thank you.
|Flowmaster Outlaw Muffler|
|Muffler Type||Straight-thro Muffler|
|Sound Gain||Extremely Loud|
One of the main selling points for the Outlaw is that it gives you a much louder and more aggressive sound. If you’re looking for a way to make your car sound meaner, this is definitely the muffler for you.
Performance and Quality
The Outlaw also provides a significant performance boost over stock mufflers. It’s been dyno-tested and shown to increase horsepower and torque so that you can expect better acceleration and overall performance from your vehicle. Flowmaster uses high-quality materials and construction techniques to ensure that their products will last. The Outlaw is no exception, and it’s backed by a lifetime warranty.
Pros and Cons
- Aggressive Sound: The Flowmaster Outlaw Series is known for its bold and aggressive exhaust note, making it a popular choice for those who want their vehicle to stand out and make a statement.
- Enhanced Performance: These mufflers are designed to improve exhaust flow, potentially leading to increased horsepower and torque. They can provide a performance boost to your vehicle.
- Durable Construction: Flowmaster constructs Outlaw Series mufflers using high-quality materials like stainless steel, ensuring durability and resistance to corrosion.
- Easy Installation: Many Outlaw Series mufflers come with detailed instructions and necessary hardware, making installation feasible for DIY enthusiasts.
Cons of Flowmaster Outlaw Series
- Loud and Aggressive: While the aggressive sound is a pro for many, it can be a con for those who prefer a quieter exhaust note or reside in areas with strict noise regulations.
- Interior Noise: Despite efforts to minimize interior resonance, the Outlaw Series may still result in increased noise and vibration inside the vehicle compared to stock mufflers.
- Legal Compliance: These mufflers may not comply with local noise ordinances, which could lead to fines or legal issues in some areas.
2. Flowmaster Super 10
If you’re in pursuit of an exhaust system that delivers an exceptionally aggressive and attention-grabbing sound, the Flowmaster Super 10 Series mufflers are a prime choice. This muffler is made from stainless steel and features a 10-inch body with 3-inch inlets and outlets.
The Flowmaster Super 10 also features a perforated core, louvered tubes, and acoustical packing material to help reduce noise. This muffler is backed by Flowmaster’s limited lifetime warranty.
|Flowmaster Super 10|
|Muffler Type||Chambered Muffler|
|Sound Gain||Extremely Loud|
|Legal or illegal?||Illegal|
- It has a 2.5-inch inlet and outlet
- It is made of 16-gauge aluminized steel for durability
- It has a black powder-coated finish for a sleek look
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty
If you are looking for an exhaust system that will give your vehicle a deep, powerful sound, then the Flowmaster Super 10 is the perfect choice for you. This muffler is designed to deliver an aggressive sound that will turn heads whenever you hit the road.
In addition to its great sound, the Super 10 also offers superior performance thanks to its 16-gauge aluminized steel construction and 2.5-inch inlet and outlet. Plus, it comes with a black powder-coated finish for a sleek, stylish look.
3. Flowmaster 50 Series Big Block Muffler
If you’re looking for an aggressive sound, then you’ll want to check out the Flowmaster 50 Series Big Block Muffler. This muffler is designed for big block engines, and it delivers a deep, powerful sound that will turn heads wherever you go.
It’s also got a rugged construction that can stand up to anything the road throws your way. So, if you’re looking for an awesome-sounding muffler that can handle whatever you throw at it, then the Flowmaster 50 Series Big Block Muffler is the perfect choice for you.
- Fully welded 16 gauge aluminized steel construction
- Specially designed for big block engines
- Provides a deep, aggressive sound
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Made in the USA
4. Flowmaster Super 40
If you’re looking for an exhaust system that will give your car or truck a deep, aggressive sound, then you should definitely check out the Flowmaster Super 40. This system is designed to produce a loud, booming exhaust note that is sure to turn heads whenever you hit the gas. And thanks to its high-flow design, the Super 40 also provides an impressive boost in power and performance.
In terms of sheer power, the Super 40 really delivers. It’s been engineered to provide a significant increase in airflow, which means more horsepower and torque for your vehicle. And if you’re worried about fuel economy, don’t be – the Super 40 actually helps improve gas mileage by up to 5%.
In terms of sound, the Super 40 is definitely on the louder side. But it’s not obnoxiously loud – it just has a deep, throaty sound that really sets it apart from the competition.
And if you’re worried about being too loud, Flowmaster offers an optional Quiet Tone insert (sold separately) that can be installed for a more mellow sound.
Overall, the Flowmaster Super 40 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an aftermarket exhaust system that delivers both power and sound. It’s well-built, sounds great, and is reasonably priced. If you’re looking for the perfect balance of power and comfort, the Super 40 is definitely worth considering.
5. Flowmaster Super 44
If you’re looking for an exhaust that will really turn heads, then look no further than the Flowmaster Super 44.
This bad boy delivers an impressive sound that is sure to get attention, and it’s also one of the most popular mufflers on the market. If you want a deep, throaty rumble from your exhaust, the Super 44 is the way to go.
|Sound||Deep, aggressive sound exhaust note that’s loud|
|Is It Legal?||Partially|
This muffler is designed for cars, trucks, and SUVs with single or dual exhaust systems, and it’s available in a variety of different sizes to fit just about any vehicle.
It’s made from high-quality materials for durability and long-lasting performance, and it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. When it comes to choosing an exhaust system, the Flowmaster Super 44 is a great choice.
6. Hooker Aero Chamber Muffler
- Offered in both single and dual outlet configurations
- Crafted from robust stainless steel or aluminized steel materials
- Known for its versatility and long-lasting performance
- Delivers a remarkable 23% increase in torque and horsepower compared to other well-known high-performance mufflers
- Generates an assertive and commanding exhaust sound not
If you are looking for a way to improve the performance of your car, then you may want to consider investing in a Hooker Aero Chamber muffler. This muffler is designed to provide your car with better airflow, leading to improved performance.
|Sound Type||Deep throaty sound|
In addition, the Aero Chamber muffler also provides your car with a more aggressive sound, which can make it more fun to drive.
Hooker offers a few different options when it comes to their Aero Chamber mufflers. You can choose from either a single or dual outlet model, depending on your needs.
They also offer both stainless steel and aluminized steel construction, so you can choose the material that best suits your vehicle.
Loud Mufflers for Trucks
7. MagnaFlow Performance Muffler
- Universal fitment
- Signature MagnaFlow sound
- Dyno-proven performance
- Limited lifetime warranty
This muffler doesn’t just boost your truck’s overall performance; it also adds a touch of style to its appearance. With its distinctive MagnaFlow deep signature sound, it’s particularly well-suited for off-road adventures. Its durability is ensured by high-quality stainless-steel construction.
One standout feature of this muffler is its ability to enhance speed performance while remaining compatible with a wide range of trucks. It’s not only long-lasting and reliable but also backed by a lifetime warranty. Furthermore, its sleek and modern design elevates the visual appeal of your vehicle.
However, there are some drawbacks to consider. One notable issue is its loudness, which might be overwhelming for some. Additionally, it may have a negative impact on fuel efficiency.
Pros and Cons
- Enhances your truck’s speed and performance.
- Compatible with a diverse range of truck models.
- Offers exceptional durability with a lifetime warranty.
- Elevates the aesthetic appeal of your vehicle.
- It may be too noisy for those seeking a quieter ride.
- Falls short of perfection in terms of fuel efficiency.
8. Thrush Turbo Muffler
Established in 1966, Thrush had its roots deeply embedded in the automotive world long before it officially became a company. Over the last five decades, Thrush has been at the forefront of crafting and engineering mufflers tailored for trucks, top-tier sports cars, hot rods, and muscle cars.
The Thrush Turbo muffler is designed to enhance engine performance by reducing backpressure within the system. It is exceptionally loud. Notably, it incorporates a Tri-flow design to deliver that signature Thrush exhaust note.
One of its standout advantages is the inclusion of a leak-free seal, ensuring long-lasting durability. The muffler’s 100 percent aluminum-coated shell guarantees a year-round appealing appearance. Moreover, it boasts a lightweight and versatile design that is easy on the pocket. What’s more, it offers complete reversibility, providing maximum flexibility for optimizing performance and airflow.
Pros and Cons:
- Equipped with a leak-free seal for long-lasting performance.
- Boasts a 100 percent aluminum-coated shell, ensuring both durability and an attractive appearance.
- Lightweight and adaptable to various vehicle types.
- Wallet-friendly, offering value for your investment.
- Generates a deafening noise, which may not be suitable for those seeking a quieter ride.
- It is not recommended for use with large trucks due to potential compatibility issues.
9. MegaBrand N1 Burnt Tip
The MegaBrand N1 Burnt Tip Muffler stands out as one of the most visually appealing mufflers available. Its name hints at its unique feature: a burnt tip design that adds an aggressive and sporty look to the muffler. Crafted from high-grade stainless steel, this muffler not only exudes style but also offers the durability needed to endure long and demanding journeys.
One notable advantage of this muffler is its inclusion of a fully removable silencer. This means that if you wish to reduce the noise produced by your engine, you have the freedom to do so. However, even with the silencer removed, the muffler still retains a deep and throaty sound profile, which adds to the truck’s overall appeal and character.
Pros and Cons:
- Provides the option of a removable silencer, allowing you to adjust the exhaust system’s volume to your liking.
- Features a substantial 4-inch outlet, resulting in a deep and powerful exhaust growl.
- Easily compatible with most tailpipes with a 2.5-inch inlet size.
- Crafted from sturdy T-304 stainless steel for durability and longevity.
- Unlikely to significantly hinder your vehicle’s horsepower.
- It may not possess the same level of durability and strength as mufflers constructed from thicker stainless steel materials.
Meet Mike O’Connor, (a DIY enthusiast), living in Cincinnati, a city ranked as the noisiest in the USA.
As a work from home dad, I have a first hand experience of how noise can truly affect your well being.
Soundproofing isn’t something that should be taken as a hobby, it should be a skill that every homeowner should be equipped with.
Most of the work documented on this blog comes from purely first hand experience, and the products recommended work as indicated.